The Accreditation Certificate and Scope of Accreditation
Each accredited conformity assessment body is issued with a uniquely numbered accreditation certificate and scope of accreditation. Latest copies of the scopes of accreditation are available from this section.
Important Notes for Users of Accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies and of Certificates/Scopes:
- Accreditation does not cover the whole range of activities of a conformity assessment body. The activities covered by accreditation are listed in the Scope of accreditation.
- Do not simply look at the Accreditation Certificate but look at the Scope of Accreditation.
- Always ask for the scope of accreditation. The Accreditation Certificate on its own does not provide enough information.
- Contact NAB-Malta immediately when an accredited conformity assessment body does not want to provide the scope of accreditation.
- Check the register of accredited bodies. when in doubt about the status of accreditation of a conformity assessment body.
- If an organisation is not listed in the register of accredited bodies then it is not currently accredited.