The National Accreditation Board – MALTA (NAB-MALTA) is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
The accessibility statement applies to the official website of the NAB-MALTA at http://www.nabmalta.org.mt .
NAB-MALTA is committed to ensuring digital accessibility to all individuals. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities.
The NAB-MALTA website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA which maps to EN 301 549 as per the European Web Accessibility Directive. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not yet fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Limitations and alternatives
The following limitations are observed at present:
- No option to skip repeated content
- Some hyperlinks on the website may be identifiable only by colour
- Some PDF documents may lack the proper formatting for use by accessibility technologies
The NAB-MALTA will continue to strive to rectify these limitations through continuous improvement, to ensure accessibility for each user. However, there may still be some limitations which may have gone unnoticed, or they may be made rectified soon.
Measures to support accessibility
NAB-MALTA takes the following measures throughout the organisation to ensure accessibility of its website:
- Includes accessibility through its internal policies.
- Employs formal accessibility assurance methods.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The NAB-MALTA website is designed to be compatible with the latest versions of the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Firefox Version
- Chrome Version
Technical specifications and accessibility measures used
Accessibility of the NAB-MALTA website relies on HTML technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer.
This technology is relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
The NAB-MALTA website implements the following accessibility features:
- Actual link text is descriptive enough to inform user where the link points to.
- Implement all external links so that they open into new browser tabs.
- Implement captioning in as much multimedia content as possible.
- Maximise colour contrast for text, where applicable.
- Multiple accessibility tools are available, including text increase, greyscale, high contrast, negative contrast, light background, links underlined, and readable font.
- Mouse Pointer changes icon when a link is hovered through Brower’s functionality.
We remain committed to address any accessibility issues. Hence, we welcome your feedback should you experience any difficulties on the accessibility of our website.
If you encounter accessibility barriers, you are invited to contact us via e-mail on email@example.com or through our feedback form https://nabmalta.gov.mt/feedback-form/. Alternatively, you may contact us by phone on +35623952725.